Friday, January 08, 2021

fast forward 8 years on

I re-logged in this page after 8 years! sorry that's 9 years to be exact. We are 9 days into year 2021. It's officially 1 year since the entire world was stricken by the pandemic of a virus known as Corona - Covid strain. It was pretty much under control in Malaysia until the last few months when the politicians let their guards down, opened borders, loose control to boost economic activity and then our cases started to rise again tremendously, now we are hovering between 2,000 to 3,000 cases daily! Our health system is starting to collapse, front liners are exhausted and everyone is exhausted to the brim. Same question play in all our minds - when will this ever end?

 I have 2 children of my own, they are 4 and 7 respectively. Anna and Tony are super grown now, Ann is 13 this year and Tony 12. Time flies indeed when we are having fun. Remember to stop and smell the flowers, i find myself being reminded time and time again. Things have changed now, with my nephew and nieces no longer staying with us, I'm on my own with my own family, still staying within 10-15mins from mom, close enough to visit and take care of her (she refuses to leave home), the kids anna, tony and their now 3rd sibling Angel come by every Christmas. Nayden, my firstborn LOVES to play with them among all other cousins he has. I comfort myself by saying that I must have done SOMETHING right as Ann n Tony were growing up. Cos they literally grew up with us from the time of birth until 5 to 6 years on. Then they left to the God forsaken dungeon they are in now. Such a pity state but I guess kids do adapt and let's see what the future holds for all. It takes a huge leap of faith and courage for me to say this but I truly hope their angels will keep watch over them to take them out of there at the first opportunity they get and that the dark evil powers will never get close to them. 

I'll share details and pics in my other posts but for now this is a good intro, looking forward to the year ahead. 

No comments: